Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Heat Exhaustion

It is 12.08am midnight now. Just returned frm running. Now tt I am jobless again, it is the best time to start training up n lose some stupid weight. Just hope tt my knees will endure thru this wth me. I ran abt 5 km n can't believe I am so shag alreadi, feel so useless. Fitness down by at least 50%, no joke.

While running, I recalled an incident 1 yr ago tt worth blogging. I wouldn't say it was a close shave wth death, but I fainted for real. A week w/o enuff slp everyday, an empty stomach, lack of water n a garang fool . Tt all it took to trigger the 2nd heat exhaustion in me. Yup, it may sound weird, but I collapsed while playing soccer at our much beloved homeground at kolam ayer cc.

If u think a cramp sux, wat abt cramps on ur thighs, calves, face, abdomen all at the same time? Tt really put me thru hell. I was bitting n struggling madly n losing conscious fast. It seems like no one can help me... My eyes closed, I just wanna slp. My friends were all shouting n yelling at me, their voices dubbed wth fear n anxiety. It pulled me back a bit, as I struggled nt to fall into the hollow emptiness.

The nxt thing, I was in the ambulance. I actually cried a bit as I thought I could no longer play soccer again. I can't feel my body, I thought I was handicapped. My 2nd hell cramps happened at the hospital. Many by-stander patients n my poor parents saw the mad struggle. My face totally twisted, my hands like claws swinging wildly n my whole body was twitching all over the place. It took quite a few nurses to suppress me b4 they tied me up. Think it created quite a shocking scene.

I was poked wth how many injection, I lost count. Fortunately, I am used to tt. It was the most terrible night for me. I was still drenched in my sweat when I finally gt over it . Though it took me quite a while to regain full control of my body. The cramps were still lingering in the background, waiting to explode again. A bit nt careful, tt it.

It was indeed a v bad experience. Particular thanks to those frenzs there who helped me so much. The name purple heart was also born frm it, lolx. I learnt another lesson the hard way. So I always remind my frenzs to drink enuff water. The nxt time this happen again, I doubt I will make it thru seriously. Shug.

No comments: