Saturday, April 07, 2007

Futsal Fiesta (Indian Cultural SOC)

Today is another futsal tournament tt we took part in. This time there r 32 teams n the standard is much higher since it is opened to public. But nevertheless, we were still riding high frm the success of the Sci Open 2 wks ago in which we won the title. So we turned out to be really damn cocky n arrogant, even I myself, can't stand myself. We were there laughing n joking loudly abt how gd we r, oblivious to those ard us. (They say proud ppl r bound to lose, prob it will take a beating for us to fall frm heaven back to solid ground, where we will start all over again, lolz.)

But who cares? We went into the gms wth high morale n confidence, grabbing 2 victories n a drw to top our grp in the end. Special mention of Shahid who is normally so effective in front of goal at KACC to finally utilise this killer instinct in competitive matches. There... Confidence is really damn impt, finally KACC have proven ourselves to be match winner.

Aft qualifying, we were told the nxt round will be at 4pm which is 4 stupid hours frm then. We makan n went to the lounge to continue our nua-ing. Qin Yao showed me some youtube clips abt Peter Schmeichel n Petr Cech. Their saves were really crazy. Actually long ago, I used to think tt losers who can't play soccer play as keepers.

I am a wing back left but I like to play as keeper also coz I like the feeling of making saves. It is no diff frm scoring goals, if nt better. After our star keeper Jeremy left, I naturally became the nxt keeper in line. It was then I really start to respect keepers coz they can either make or break a team. The entire team hope lie on his shoulders n the stress is really insurmountable. As how things work, ppl always blame the keepers for conceding easy goals but nv blame the strikers for missing easy goals. To me, missing a stupid goal is like conceding a stupid goal, no diff, no excuse.

Today, I was damn nua throughout the matches dunno y. Apart frm saving a penalty, I was quite disappointing. I give myself 4 out of 10. Half the time I try catching the ball, it just bounds off my hands. Then, I fumbled once n it almost caused us a goal. But, it was my 7th consecutive clean sheets, all full gms. N guess wat, my stingy captain says he will reward me the maxim magazine if I keep 4 more clean sheet all the way to the final. Ahahaha... Nwae, i already bought it liao, damn coz of tt Michelle,19. Ahaha... She is damn chio k.

The day ended up quite badly. It rained at 3 plus n the match was postphoned. Now, i just hope tt everyone can make it for tt postphoned date. There is a 50-50 chance we may be missing our captain n ht, n i seriously doubt if our team can function w/o him.

No comments: